Vision and Values
Live, learn and love in faith, respect and trust
Norton St. Nicholas CofE (VA) Primary:
• Building a modern and creative learning environment,
• Building creative, passionate and respectful learners who make good progress,
• Building a well-motivated and professionally developed staff team,
• Building a well-renowned community school linked to wide ranging communities,
• Building Christian values.
· To educate and nurture our children, recognising their uniqueness, inspiring them to reach their full potential and enabling them to live a caring and successful life, guided by God’s Love.
Values and virtues at Norton St Nicholas CofE (VA) Primary School
The school, through much consultation, has developed a set of values and virtues to develop and grow at our school. The list below identifies these values and virtues.
These are developed through many aspects of school life such as through worship, PSHE, character education, etc.
As well as being recognised as widely agreeable values, these values at Norton St. Nicholas will be linked to biblical principles in order to strengthen our Christian ethos. All values are grounded in our Christian character.
In addition to the set of unique school identified values, the school recognises the importance of celebrating, teaching and promoting British Values; these are identified by the Department for Education as:
• the rule of law;
• individual liberty and mutual respect; and
• tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs