The School Policy is that all children from EYFS2 should wear school uniform. Uniform in EYFS1 is optional. The uniform consists of:
Everyday wear options
- Red school sweatshirt, cardigan or fleece with no hood.
- White polo shirt, shirt or blouse.
- Plain black or charcoal grey trousers, tailored shorts, skirts or pinafore dresses (with the option of plain charcoal grey/red/black/white tights or socks).
- Red and white gingham checked summer dresses.
- Sensible plain black footwear.
- A coat.
- Wellington boots are encouraged for all pupils.
PE Kit options (to be in school daily)
- Plain white sports T-shirt.
- Plain black shorts or cycle shorts.
- Charcoal grey/red/black/navy tracksuit bottoms.
- A plain grey/red/black/navy sweatshirt/hooded sweatshirts for colder weather.
- A pair of trainers for outdoor PE to be worn with socks. (No plimsolls are required for indoor PE as children work in bare feet)
Jewellery and Other items for pupils
- No jewellery except one pair of small stud earrings (for ears) may be worn in school, which must be removed by children for all physical activities.
- A simple watch may be worn (no wearable technology that allows communication or photos)
- No nail varnish, make-up, temporary tattoos, hair colours or additional braids to be worn in school.
- Long hair—on both girls and boys—should be tied and secured. Children must not wear fashion focused hair accessories such as cat ear bands, oversized bows etc.
- A plain red book bag (with school logo available from school) for EYFS and KS1. Bags of other styles can be used in KS2 but must be appropriate for school use and cloakroom peg sized. A range of red bags with school logo can be ordered through our uniform supplier Mapac.
Purchasing uniform and second-hand uniform
There a few different options available for obtaining uniform for your child – we are aware this can be costly over time so we detail the options available below.
- Our official uniform provider is MAPAC. You can see details of uniform with the school logo here: https://www.mapac.com/education/parents/uniform/nortonstnicholasceprisg6
- Uniform does not have to have the school logo. Therefore, the cheapest way to purchase new uniform is from supermarkets.
- We have a school uniform bank of used uniform in excellent condition. The uniform bank will be set up at different times during the year, but if you require anything between times just email the school office with what you need and we will see what is available (email@example.com). We ask for a suggested donation of 50p per item but are more than happy to give this to families for free.